H O M E S T Y P E S
N E I G H B O R H O O D S.
• I'Onsborough ~ Homes at the entrance near shops and the Rookery preserve.
• Eastlake ~ Homes surrounding the communities largest lake.
• Westlake ~ The community center Homes nearest the Amphitheater.
• Shelmore ~ Homes at the north end near Shelmore & Hobcaw Creeks.
• Montrose ~ At the West end Homes feature larger lot sizes.
• Ponsbury ~ Area once between I'Onsborough & Westlake, no longer referred to.
Resting along side the Cooper River, built among nature with premier community amenities, and with five minute access to downtown Charleston, I’On real estate is among the most sought after in the Charleston area. I'On Village is named after Jacob Bond I'On, a U.S. military officer, a state legislator and the first Mayor of Sullivan's Island. Inspired by the Old Village in Mount Pleasant, the 240 acre I'On development of home, local shops and offices and recreation facilities encompasses lowcounty architecture in a walkable community.
I'On was seeks to cultivate opportunities for neighbor interaction. I’On neighborhoods include: Eastlake, Westlake, Shelmore, I'Onsborough, and Montrose. Most homes appear unique, distinct from one another while maintaining low country vernacular design. I’On was planned with specific community ideas and very strict architectural and design codes. Buyers have a range of real estate options in I’On, with each home individually constructed by independent builders. It's no wonder why I'On homes continue to be well above the area median price range.
I’On homeowners enjoy the luxury of living near two beautiful lakes connected by canals and footbridges. Natural amenities include the Westlake Amphitheater, Eastlake Boathouse, the Rookery five-acre slough and the Hobcaw Creek boat ramp providing easy, access to the Cooper and Wando rivers, and the Charleston Harbor. Resort like amenities include The I'On Club; offering great tennis, aquatics and fitness facilities. The shops at I'On Square include great restaurants and intimate retails stores.
To receive automatic "PropertyAlert" emails of new listings that match your criteria! Sign-Up.
- ZIP CODES: 29464
- POPULATION: 769 Homes
- MEDINA INCOME: $74,128
- MEDIAN AGE: 39 Yr.
- NUMBER OF BUSINESSES: n/a
- ESTABLISHED: 1995
- CRIME INDEX: 150.7 (U.S. Avg.319)
- LOCATION: 3 Mile East of Charleston
- SCHOOLS: East Cooper Montessori, J.B. Edwards Elementary, Moultrie Middle, Wando High
- RECREATION: Boating, Kayaking, Swimming
- RESTAURANT: Carter's Kitchen, O'Brion's Pub & Grille, Square Onion,
- BEST KNOW FOR: Neighborhood Architecture, The Inn at I'On
Newest I'On Mount Pleasant Real Estate Listings
Professional photos coming soon! Situated on a corner lot facing Eastlake and the canal this beautiful home with double front porches is the perfect place to sit outside ...
This fabulous custom built home is perfectly situated on a cul-de-sac and nestled up to nature with the trails and wetlands behind. The European 2 story features parapet ...
Live in a one-of-a-kind Caribbean Colonial home, completely remodeled and designer decorated in desirable Ion. Entertain your guests in the generous and charming private ...
Newly updated and remodeled home on quaint Sowell Street. Freshly painted inside and out. Main level with living/dining room, kitchen and utility room all have new paint,...
Build your dream home in one of Charleston's most sought after neighborhoods, I'ON! Great corner lot with mature trees and stunning surrounding homes. Just a short walk...
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…