H O M E S T Y P E S
N E I G H B O R H O O D S.
• I'Onsborough ~ Homes at the entrance near shops and the Rookery preserve.
• Eastlake ~ Homes surrounding the communities largest lake.
• Westlake ~ The community center Homes nearest the Amphitheater.
• Shelmore ~ Homes at the north end near Shelmore & Hobcaw Creeks.
• Montrose ~ At the West end Homes feature larger lot sizes.
• Ponsbury ~ Area once between I'Onsborough & Westlake, no longer referred to.
Resting along side the Cooper River, built among nature with premier community amenities, and with five minute access to downtown Charleston, I’On real estate is among the most sought after in the Charleston area. I'On Village is named after Jacob Bond I'On, a U.S. military officer, a state legislator and the first Mayor of Sullivan's Island. Inspired by the Old Village in Mount Pleasant, the 240 acre I'On development of home, local shops and offices and recreation facilities encompasses lowcounty architecture in a walkable community.
I'On was seeks to cultivate opportunities for neighbor interaction. I’On neighborhoods include: Eastlake, Westlake, Shelmore, I'Onsborough, and Montrose. Most homes appear unique, distinct from one another while maintaining low country vernacular design. I’On was planned with specific community ideas and very strict architectural and design codes. Buyers have a range of real estate options in I’On, with each home individually constructed by independent builders. It's no wonder why I'On homes continue to be well above the area median price range.
I’On homeowners enjoy the luxury of living near two beautiful lakes connected by canals and footbridges. Natural amenities include the Westlake Amphitheater, Eastlake Boathouse, the Rookery five-acre slough and the Hobcaw Creek boat ramp providing easy, access to the Cooper and Wando rivers, and the Charleston Harbor. Resort like amenities include The I'On Club; offering great tennis, aquatics and fitness facilities. The shops at I'On Square include great restaurants and intimate retails stores.
To receive automatic "PropertyAlert" emails of new listings that match your criteria! Sign-Up.
- ZIP CODES: 29464
- POPULATION: 769 Homes
- MEDINA INCOME: $74,128
- MEDIAN AGE: 39 Yr.
- NUMBER OF BUSINESSES: n/a
- ESTABLISHED: 1995
- CRIME INDEX: 150.7 (U.S. Avg.319)
- LOCATION: 3 Mile East of Charleston
- SCHOOLS: East Cooper Montessori, J.B. Edwards Elementary, Moultrie Middle, Wando High
- RECREATION: Boating, Kayaking, Swimming
- RESTAURANT: Carter's Kitchen, O'Brion's Pub & Grille, Square Onion,
- BEST KNOW FOR: Neighborhood Architecture, The Inn at I'On
Newest I'On Mount Pleasant Real Estate Listings
Come see one of the finest homes ever to hit the market in I'On. This majestic three-story Lowcountry Style home sits on a high-corner lot with beautiful surroundings an...
Well maintained 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath custom home in the heart of Ion. The first floor of the home flows perfectly from a large entry porch to a formal living room, updated...
Enjoy all that life in Charleston has to offer on the canal in I'On. Designed by Phil Clark in 2012, this gorgeous 5 bedroom/ 4.5 bath home is ideally located between the...
Welcome to this well designed and immaculate home in the much sought after I'On neighborhood. Built by Structures, an award-winning builder, this home offers double stack...
Best buy in I'On under $300 a square foot! Great location allows you to walk to the I'On Square, I'On Club, wooded trails and the Rookery. Flexible floor plan with downs...
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…